Wednesday, February 27, 2013

One of Those Days

So it has been one of "those" days around our house today.  
 
Part of this stems from our homeschool ski trip yesterday.  I hate to admit I am old but good grief, I am feeling it today.  I am sore and wind crisped...and sleepy! But thankfully, so are my kids so I don't have to blame my age. Right? We are one sorry bunch to be around.  I should just declare this a housewide "Nap Day".  
 
Secondly, I finally called the USCIS office to find out why our approval has not arrived and they said it still is in processing (whatever that means).
 
Oh yes, and thirdly, I found a mangled pull-up in my wash.  Do you have any idea what a pull up does when whipped around a front loading washing machine with a load of dark clothing.  Not pretty!
 
But there is a light at the end of our rather bleak day.  I decided to check the "my family found me" page on Reece's Rainbow . And guess what I found!  Two of the little ones I told you about in my last post have found a family!  Micah and Mabel are both listed as having families that have commited to bringing them home. Hurray!   Now it is time for little Libby to find her family!
 
So instead of looking at the things which I cannot change --like Olivia's paperwork and my sore body...and the "PULL-UP"; I hope I can look at the things which my great God can change--like the lives of orphans and the hearts of Christians. Because He is just that amazing.
 
"God of the universe,
do You hear the cries that pour out from all the earth,
can Your hands reach down and heal the hurt of the broken.
God of the universe,
when we hear the cries that pour out from all the earth,
will You give us hands that reach and heal the hurt of the broken.
God over everything,
will You give us eyes to see all the light we bring,
will You be the voice that causes our hearts to sing for the broken."
--Bebo Norman--
 

No comments:

Post a Comment