Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day

I know y'all can't see pictures of Olivia just yet and so on this Valentine's Day I thought I would share a quote I found that kind of sums up what this adoption has been for me....
 
I can honestly say that I was not looking to adopt at this time.  I have looked before...you know, before we had 5 kids of our own. Way back when it would have been "easier" to adopt.  But I have learned that God is there directing our steps no matter where we think we might be heading. (Pv. 16:9) And His timing is always perfect.
And I know that seeing a picture, doesn't make everyone want to adopt. But I think God used the pictures of the reality of orphans to wake me up and see beyond my little world.  So for Valentines Day, instead of sending out Valetine cards I am going to show you Valentine  faces...who knows maybe next year they too can share V-day with a family.  It just so happens that I found kiddos that have the same name as mine....fun! :)
 
 
Both of these kiddos are on Reece's Rainbow and have Down Syndrome just like Olivia. 
Happy Valentines Day!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment