Friday, February 22, 2013

Little Drops

The other day I mentioned to a friend that sometimes adopting Olivia seems like a drop in a huge bucket.  There are so many orphans.  And does it really make a difference to adopt one, when there are obviously so many out there?
 Today I ran across a blog post by an adopting dad who mentioned the same thing; only he thought of the child they are adopting as a "non-drop".  I wonder how full the bucket would be if Christians would step forward and keep one drop from falling in the bucket? 
 
So I thought I would introduce a few "drops" today.  These are just a few kiddos that can be caught before they fall in the bucket. 
 
This little guy just tugs at my heart.  His description says he is a healthy down syndrome child, who is developing very well.  He had a heart repair surgery and recovered well.  Is he not the cutest?  Now I just have to mention here that this guy is in a relatively easy country (cost run $19-$25k--trust me this is very inexpensive; 2 trips of 5 days, and I believe only one parent has to travel). 
 
This little girl is just so stinking cute.  She also has down syndrome and is listed as healthy.  She is on one of the fastest programs (some children have been brought home within 7 months, $25k, 2 trips).
 
Mabel is the reason I found Reece's Rainbow.  A fellow Etsy shop was trying to raise money for her adoption.  And although she has close to $8,000 in her fund she has still not been adopted (total for her country is $25k, so with her fund her adoption would only cost $17k)  She is 8 years old (Doesn't look it does she? - she is the size of a 3 year old). 
 
Thanks for humoring me and reading my posts.  I know all people are not called to adopt.  But we are all called to "care for the fatherless".  Maybe you read this and thought "It's not for me."  We'll then repost, because someone somewhere out there is about to have a heart changing experience when they see these kids. 
I know I did.
 
Ps. You may wonder why I can show you these kids pics and not Olivia's...well, let's just say her country is a little more stubborn. ;)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment