Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Progess + Challenge

Our biometrics appointment is finally done.  We made the 4 1/2 hour trip to Albuquerque yesterday.  Our appointment was scheduled for 1:00PM but we made it there at 10:15AM, so upon the recommendation of others we decided to just walk-in and see if they would take us early.

It was one of those store fronts with the tinted windows so we could not see in, and once we stepped in, the place was really bare.  There were about 20 empty chairs to the left and an officer at a desk to the right. (So at this point we are guessing they just might take us early.) Just before we reached the desk the officer pointed to a dispenser and told us to sanitize our hands before continuing to the desk.  Weird, right?  You go to the doctors office crammed with sick people and they don't ask you to sanitize, but here at this completely empty office, we sanitize.  Because maybe our germy hands are going to leave some creepy disease on the fingerprint scanner.  Also they are very paranoid about ball caps there.  The lady practically panicked when Josh wore his hat BEHIND THE COUNTER.....big no, no!

After about 5 minutes we were adequately fingerprinted and on our way home --4 1/2 hours home.  But no matter how rediculous the trip seemed it was awesome to be actually making measurable progress.  We have about a two week wait until our results arrive and we can move on to one of the final steps.

So again we wait.  Regular life keeps us busy!  The kids have school, Josh is burning stuff ;), and I am preparing for a Valentine Banquet at our church.  Every year I am volunteered for decorations.  This must mean I do a decent job, right?  This year we decided to get a bit carried away with my ideas and we are all going to "dress" for the occasion. So I have an idea....

Ya'll who know me, know that I am not super outgoing and flamboyant- neither is Josh for that matter, he hates Valentines Day and going out (in fact, I like to call him a barnacle).   BUT....here's my idea.  Our "CHIP- IN" over there is being closed down- the company is closing in 2 weeks!  I thought maybe we needed a last hoorah. So I am going to let someone at the Valentine banquet get a picture of Josh and I dressed up.  And if the chip-in that says "Olivia's In Country Fees" reaches $950 by Saturday, we will share a (most likely) terrible picture of Josh and I dressed in our best 50's Soda Shop attire! :)   Anyone game?

No comments:

Post a Comment