Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Wanted: A Family

Today is a great day!  Why?  Did we get our immigration paperwork back?  Fat chance! Grrrr.
 
  So what happened?
  All of the kids (Micah, Mabel, Libby and Riley) I have posted about over the last month now have families coming for them!  Now I know it probably wasn't my blog that helped them get a family, but it's still exciting! So since I am on a roll, I decided not to quit.... today you get to see a few older children.
 
Dawn has been institutionalized since she was 3...she is now 8.  She talks very little, but according to her description she loves music.  This girl deserves a life outside of an institution....look at her smile!!!
 
Casey has CP and is bed-ridden; he looks like he is maybe 5...he's not; Casey is actually the same age as my niece....
This is my niece.  She does not have CP but I just wanted you to see the difference in size.  Casey needed a family to love and care for him...and he sadly he still does.  He's  reaching the adoption age limit soon.  What does this mean?  It means, he may never see the world outside of his crib EVER.
 
Rania is also getting close to aging out.   She is also close to the same age as my niece. 
 
Help me keep on my streak here...share these kiddos.  There are families out there for them....I need your help to make sure they find them! :)
 
 
PS. I will be calling immigration AGAIN today. So hopefully I will have some news soon.
 
PS #2.  God is absolutely amazing.  And I think he might even have a sense of humor...I pushed the publish button for this post and the phone rang.  Who was it?  The immigration case worker.  She told me that we are APPROVED and our paperwork is in the mail today!!!  Now I could just go up there and edit away my negativity, but then you wouldn't be able to see God in this situation. A verse I have had on my fridge comes to mind....
 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Cor. 12:9
 
ATTENTION:  Each child's name is a link to the sight where you can find there info.  Yes, this sight (Reece's Rainbow) does have permission to post their faces, fundraise, and help find them families.  None of the children I post about are from Russia, since Russia is now closed to adoption.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment