Friday, March 29, 2013

Dossier Sent

Finally our work is done!  Ok, not completely...
 
  Where to begin? 
It has taken a month to get all of our apostilles sent in, sent back, corrected, redone, resent, notarized, renotarized....ugh. 
But none-the-less, I sent off our dossier to our adoption agency yesterday.  It happens to be missing one piece of apostilled paper, but I am hoping it will show up in the mail today and I can forward it on as well.  ( If you ever plan on adopting, pray that you have no paperwork that will be need to be sent to Texas; they are by far the slowest state I have ever dealt with.)
 
So what is a dossier, anyway?
Shall I list it for you?
 Copies of Birth certificates, marriage certificate, passport pics, family pics, homestudy, I-797 approval, deed or title to house, bank records, statement for adoption, doctor clearances, child abuse clearances....etc. 
Sounds like fun, right?  Not so much!  But we know in the end this will be worth it all.  Just trying to keep focused and yet not focusing too much, has been a really hard task. I have had a hard time knowing when to push people to get something done and when to back off and let everything work itself out. 
 
Now that I have bored you with the paperwork side of adopting shall I tell you the fun part.  Ok, well it is the fun part for me.  I started working on the girls room (just love using the word "girls"--never thought I would get to say that I have "girls").  I am not done yet but maybe I can give you one pic to prove that I am indeed accomplishing something around here.
See!!!  I did something.  I had to do a little cropping on this photo so you would not see the unfinished trim and such.  Does anyone else save leftover paint and then when you go to use it, it is ruined? You go back to the store and they no longer carry that color and can't match to the lid?  This is the story of my painting life...over and over!!!   Anyway, I will show you more of their room later. This will give me something to post about while we are in the "waiting on Poland phase" (which might take a while).
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment