Monday, March 11, 2013

What's next?

Today was one of those days that you get all excited about something only to be brought back to harsh reality.  Yes, today I went to my mailbox and found our Immigration Approval ...the one I spent every day last week driving over the the post office to see if it had arrived. (No, I never learn.) 
And I was so excited that I emailed our agency and asked her "what's next?". Now let me warn you.  When adopting, if you have just  passed a huge milestone, never ask what's next!!!! Never! Because it is much more fun to bask in a victory than to wallow in a letdown. Why do I say this? Well, of course, because my case worker answered my question honestly....
She listed all the things that have to happen before we go see our little girl (apostille, dossier, translation, referral, applications) ...and sadly that involved long periods of just WAITING!  Am I good at waiting? Uh no!  
So tonight I sat down and decided that I again needed to revisit some verses on patience (apparently all my past lessons have been forgotten).
 
But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
James 1:3
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
James 1:4
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
 
Yes, I needed these.
So I am going to take the next couple of days to prepare our Dossier for sending off to Olivia's country and then I am going memorize these verses.
 
And to those of you who are wondering....yes, adoption is alot like pregnancy (minus the stretch marks).  Right now I feel like I am 9 months pregnant and my doctor just said "Yeah, I am thinking this baby just needs some more time....I'm thinking about two more months should be good." 

No comments:

Post a Comment