Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Is this the end?

Almost two months have passed since I last posted.  I would blame how busy it has been (and it has been busy), but I know that is not the complete truth. I have struggled with whether to continue writing on this blog or to just close it.  It served it's purpose, right?  I was able to let you follow along on our rather wild journey of adopting Olivia. And now she's home. And in all my pride...I decided I would rather not tell you about the struggles and frustrations that have accompanied being home. I just told myself that what I had to say really wouldn't help anyone. Or would it?
Today, while I scrubbed out behind my stove and refrigerator (nasty job), I argued with myself (yes, this happens often). To end or not to end?  Do you really want to hear about valleys and shadows?  I like to call it my "trenches".  Because sometimes they are just there and I stumble into them, and other times I dig them myself. I know that for myself, those trenches are a rather wonderful part of the life God has given me.  Because it seems that when I finally get to the end of one, God reveals something rather glorious!
So here is what I have decided....y'all get to decide!  Do you really want to hear about the "way that Christ changes  me/us"? Let me know....

....because I will empty the next post out of my brain and make room for something like a password or recipe.

2 comments:

  1. You better keep writing! I want to hear about it. It's always nice to hear about someone else's struggles, how they got through them, whether they laughed or cried along the way...and as they tell it, I, as the reader get to experience it and understand and know that just as you got through your "trench" I will do the same. Please, keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep writing. I just found you bc of hope. My cousin has a few special needs adoptions...http://staggeronward-rejoicing.blogspot.ca/ hope to read more of your story!

    ReplyDelete