Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Another litte update

So I finally broke down and wrote to our agency partner in Olivia's country.  Our dossier had been in her country for 6 weeks and I was getting a little antsy.  Ok, a lot antsy.  Since they are in a very different timezone, I didn't expect such a quick answer, but Grace answered me the same day.  Now I will warn you that with all good news is a tiny bit of bad news.  I am learning this is what adoption is all about.

This was our update:

Good News
-our dossier was translated last week
-the Adoption Commission Center approved us as candidates for Olivia's adoption
-all of the paperwork is ready to be sent back for Olivia's I-800A (immigration paperwork) ....except one piece of paperwork

Not-So Good News
-we are missing Olivia's doctor clearance...actually we have it but it is not signed and sealed (another thing about adoptions- EVERYTHING must be signed and sealed)

Bad News
-Olivia's guardian will be unavailable from July 15 - Aug 2 (this means the earliest we can travel to see Olivia is August 2nd). Of course, I am the only one who sees this as bad news.  Apparently I am still the only impatient one in the process.  I know, I still haven't learned my lesson.

So that's the story folks.  My long lesson in patience.  Sometimes I wonder if they make adoption process so long to see if you are truly committed to sticking it out.  And I want to tell them...."I am may be impatient but I am not a quitter". (unless you are talking about housework...I quit in the middle of that all the time)

No comments:

Post a Comment