Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ambiance

This is me....
 
 
Yep, I have been sitting here looking out at gray skies all day.  Now this happens very little in New Mexico; and when it does, we hope rain will follow.  And although we have had one or two drops fall, today has mostly just been gray --no rain.  Normally I actually like a day to sit curled up on the couch doing nothing --because the weather told me to.
 
 Today...not so much. 
 
Why? Today I am struggling to hope.  I am trying not to fall into the ambiance of the day. (Karen, the little black rain cloud.) I am letting circumstances and weather affect my attitude.  We are now going on 5 weeks with no word from Olivia's country about our paperwork. Nothing...nada...nyet. Now I know someday I will look back and think this process just flew by, but today is not that day. Have you ever tried to look at the bright side of things on a gloomy day?  It's hard!!!
But God is gracious....He makes sure we have His words to encourage us on days like these.
 
And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.
 
Psalm 31:24
Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.
 
Psalm 42:5
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
 
I really like that last bit...."the help of His countenance".  He doesn't have days of gloominess.  We do.  And if we hope in Him, we are given His countenance.  Which I am absolutley positive looks nothing like mine at the moment.  Maybe something a little more like this.....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment