Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Window

Russia.  I hear a lot about it these days. When I first found Reece's Rainbow, probably two thirds of the children listed were in an orphanage in Russia.  Some of them even had families committed to them through Reece's.  For some reason I was never comfortable with going to Russia (I believe it all boiled down to the number of trips they required).  But there was this one girl..... I rooted for her; because had she not been in Russia, I would have considered her in a heartbeat. 
She was called "Dayna" and every picture they had of her was like this one. Happy!  It was as if she never realized that the life she lived wasn't ideal. After stalking watching her profile for a while,  I saw she finally found her family. They committed to bringing her home and were working on their homestudy.
 
  And then the ban.....her family was never going to be allowed to go get her.  "Dayna" died recently in that orphanage, not ever knowing what it would be like to have a family love her. 
 
And there are hundreds more children who will probably never know what it is like to have a real family thanks to Russia's ban. This really frustrates me; but then I am reminded that God is still in control.
 
I hate using this phrase but it fits..."when God closes a door, He opens a window".  He really does.  Because since the Russia ban, over 175 children in China have been listed on Reece's Rainbow.  Some have already found their families.  God cares for every one of these little ones; and even when man feels he is in control...he's not. And somehow God will find a way to take care of all those little ones who can't be adopted. For now He's making sure that these little ones in China find homes.
 
 
 
 
 
All these they need is someone to care enough to move mountains to come get them. And trust me, what you may think is impossible, isn't.
 
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
 
**Reece's Rainbow is an awareness and fundraising sight for children with special needs who are on adoption agencies waiting list.  They have permission to post photos of these kids (names are changed to protect children)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: