Thursday, January 24, 2013

Birthdays

I was born in January....and over the years I have decided that this is not the best month to be born in.  Why?   Number 1 -Something I like to call "Christmas Burn Out".  No matter how hard they try your family really does not want to think about parties or presents again for at least a month after Christmas.  Number 2- Unless you live in the southern hemisphere, January has to be the worst climate month ever.  Ice, freezing temps,  grey skies....I think you get where I am going with this.

Needless, to say I have never been impressed with my birth month....until recently! 

It really doesn't matter what kind of celebration I end up with; I have a family.  And what is more important on your birthday than family?! 

Why am I deciding to write this two weeks after my birthday?  Because today is a little girl's birthday, who doesn't have family.  She has spent two full years of her life without family...but not for much longer.  Next year, little girl, you can have a party with us! :)

Happy Birthday, Olivia!

1 comment:

  1. I know you certainly can't wait for that day!!! I sure can't wait until you can share pictures of her :)

    ReplyDelete