Friday, April 26, 2013

No News ( is hopefully good news)... Right?

So I have no news!  Our dossier is still out there somewhere getting translated and whatever else it is that they need to do to it. Time is just dragging and dragging and...oh right, you get the point.
 
But before I begin to bring all of you down, I will tell you a little of the crazy things I have been doing around here.  I know you probably wouldn't call it nesting....but it is something to that effect.  I am doing weird and crazy prep work around here.

#1 - I turned my laundry room into a family closet.  Yep, it is wonderful.  No more folded laundry on the couch for days on end.  No more vomiting closet (you know, where your kids just yank clothes out and stuff clothes in).  No more rewashing clothes because the kids didn't want to put them away, so they stuffed them in the hamper.  This really has made my life so much easier.
No, it is not beautiful, but it is very functional.

#2 - I keep rearranging my kitchen.  Still haven't made it any easier to clean, but it just makes me feel better to do it.

#3 - Still working on the girls room.  I know I said I would put up pictures, and I will.  Unfortunately, just like all my other painting projects, I have run into the problem of having to repaint because I can not get a proper match of existing paint.

#4 - Yard work, yard work, yard work...it never ends.  I did get my husband to finally replace our back steps.  After 8 years of those nasty, rickety trailer steps, I now have a very sturdy (albeit ugly) metal back porch.  No more falling down the back steps because I couldn't quite get over the pile up of snow/ice or because my kids randomly set a paint can in a place I couldn't see it.  And I even have enough room to set my chicken poo shoes outside!  Hurray!
See, it is ugly! (the other one was uglier - yes, that is possible)  Going to have to whip out the old spray paint.  Oh, and if I lived anywhere else I would not have my chickens in my back yard.  This is called "making do". They are lovely ladies, though!

#5 - I keep purging closets, cabinets, and underneath beds.  I can not believe how much stuff I have crammed in this little house!  I really need to have a yard sale...unfortunately I live in Luna (the town on 199 people). So I guess I will just have to make another trip to the thrift store.

#6 - Oh and don't forget the oven cleaning.  Uck!  I don't even want to talk about that.

So there you have it.  That is what I do to pass this rather frustrating silence.  Hopefully, we will hear something soon.  And until we do, you get to listen to the pretty background music "Be Thou My Vision" (one of my favorite hymns) and read about all the weird stuff I do to keep me from going crazy!    I will say this...nesting (or whatever you wanna call it) is way easier without an extra 30 or so pounds nestled tightly between my ribs and hip bones. 

Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment